Vinayak HVSenior Partner (Moderator) at McKinsey & Company
Vinayak leads our work in digital banking in Asia–Pacific and coleads our digital work in Southeast Asia. He works closely with leading organizations across the Middle East, India, and Southeast Asia. In his work with global, regional, and local institutions he has helped clients tackle a comprehensive range of challenges including strategy, organizational transformation, sales-productivity enhancement, risk management, and large-scale transformation programs.
With an eye to the disruptive and transformative opportunities created by digital, Vinayak has spent significant time with executives at global and local institutions in Asia evaluating strategic “big bets” and partnership opportunities, and has helped to launch key initiatives that underpin the digital transformation of existing businesses.
Examples of his recent work include the following:
- designing a comprehensive and ambitious 3-year digital transformation program for a leading local company
- designing the value proposition, customer-tested front-end applications, technology-infrastructure design, organization, and people model for a greenfield attacker
- developing the strategy and business-model design to build a multicountry digital business in Asia–Pacific for a leading global institution
- developing a multichannel sales model, enabling sales across all digital channels, powered by a next-product-to-buy analytics model and redesigned onboarding customer journeys
- formulating an innovative digital-banking business model focused on the consumer and small-and-medium-size-enterprise segments—including potential nonbank partnerships—for a leading local bank in Asia
- revamping digital channels (online and mobile)—introducing a new customer value proposition and negotiation support with potential partners—for a domestic leader
- improving the productivity of a large sales organization by introducing a new suite of digital tools, including multichannel integration and frontline sales-enablement tools
- designing and testing digital-customer value propositions to enable a market leader to strengthen its presence and share with digital customers
Vinayak has invested in establishing deep fact bases on the new trends and dynamics in the Asian banking market. He has coauthored two reports, Digital banking in Asia: Winning approaches in a new generation of financial services, and Capitalizing on Asia’s digital-banking boom, which address the evolution and opportunities in digital banking, assess competitive landscape evolution, and look at the revenue implications for various business models.