1 June 2022
MINISTERIAL OPENING ADDRESS
Guest of Honour: Josephine Teo, Minister for Communications and Information, Singapore
PANEL #1: BUILDING INTEROPERABILITY THROUGH DEMONSTRABLE TRUSTWORTHY AI
What are the strategic developments internationally in operationalising and demonstrating trustworthy AI? What roles do industry, governments and international organisations play to facilitate compatibility and interoperability between different international efforts so as to promote AI innovation?
Moderator: V K Rajah SC, Chairman, Advisory Council on the Ethical Use of AI and Data
- Juha Heikkilä, Advisor for Artificial Intelligence, Directorate-General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology, European Commission
- Howard Wang, Chief Technology Officer, Lazada Group
- Andrew Wyckoff, Director, Science, Technology and Innovation Directorate, OECD
PANEL #2: AI X SUSTAINABILITY
Can we develop AI in a sustainable way? Can we use AI to achieve the 2030 UN Sustainability Development Goals?
Featuring pre-recorded message from Gabriela Ramos, Assistant Director-General for Social and Human Science, UNESCO
Moderator: Professor Simon Chesterman, Dean, Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore
- Kathy Baxter, Principal Architect, Ethical AI Practice, Salesforce
- Nico Miailhe, Founder & President, The Future Society
- Francesca Rossi, Fellow and AI Ethics Global Leader, IBM
- Stefan Schnorr, State Secretary, Federal Ministry for Digital and Transport, Germany
PANEL #3: INDUSTRY SHOWCASE: DEMONSTRATING TRUSTWORTHY AI IN ACTION
How do companies of different sizes and from different sectors demonstrate the trustworthiness of their AI implementations? How can we validate companies’ claims about their AI systems?
Moderator: Yeong Zee Kin, Assistant Chief Executive (Data Innovation and Protection Group), IMDA
- Arianne Jimenez, Privacy & Public Policy Manager, Meta
- Lee Gang, Data Science & AI Director, X0PA.AI
- Jeffery Lee, Managing Director, Head, Legal & Compliance, Technology, Data, Intellectual Property, DBS
- Vijay Jairaj, Head, Data Management Risk – Responsible AI, Standard Chartered Bank
PANEL #4: AI IN 2030
AI is fast evolving. What can we expect from AI in the next decade? Could one of the promising advances be Generative AI? What other AI technologies should we look out for? How can we prepare to ride this new wave?
Moderator: Ong Chen Hui, Assistant Chief Executive (BizTech), IMDA
- Blaise Aguera y Arcas, Engineering Fellow, Google Research Int’l
- Chia Song Hwee, Deputy CEO, Temasek International
- Hiroaki Kitano, CEO, Sony AI
- Yan Shuicheng, Group Chief Scientist & Director, Sea AI Lab (SAIL), Sea Group